Prepare for your Boudoir Session
Preparing for your shoot
Here are some tips for finding looks that will enhance the sensuality and natural prettiness of you during your shoot:
- Visualize the clothing, sexy heels, accessories and props you will want to wear for your shoot. Flip through your favorite fashion magazines to discover ways to pair colors, fabrics and styles for easy runway glamour.
- Shop your closet for the items you instinctively select when you want to feel (and look) your very best. Let your imagination roam!
- Grab a style-savvy and fun-loving friend and hit women’s fashion boutiques to hunt down an ensemble that not only flatters your figure, but also makes you feel comfortable, unquestionably beautiful and relaxed.
- Pick out lingerie that highlights your every lovely curve, but please remember sometimes a tight T-shirt, soft sweater or over-sized button-down shirt can be even sexier. Let your own personality shine through.
5 days before your shoot
- If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels. Steam or iron your ensembles and hang them properly so they keep their shape as you travel to the studio.
The day before your shoot
- Bathe, shave and moisturize.
- Remove ALL price tags, size & care labels, etc. from clothing, especially from lingerie and panties. They can ruin otherwise great photographs.
- Double-check everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: heels, jewelry, accessories, props.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing. Check weather and traffic reports to ensure you have allotted enough time for unexpected delays.
- Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening.
- Plan for a good night’s sleep – eight hours is idea.
The day of your shoot
- Use clear deodorant
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing, for instance).
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
- Most important: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be a wee bit nervous before your shoot, but please don’t worry because you will be in very good hands. We will show you exactly how to pose